Monday, November 12, 2012

Why People Like Waxman

One correspondent told me why she liked Henry Waxman so much:

Personally speaking, I have always found that Waxman is doing a good job, and he’s a very honest, straightforward person. I met him at a senior facility in Santa Monica a few years ago. The only thing I don’t like is that he’s opposed to natural supplements because he classifies them with the steroids and other junk –Codex Alimentarius. One of my former work colleagues said his office was instrumental in assisting her when she applied for citizenship and the paperwork was lost in the system just days before she had to go to court (she was born in Russia and has an engineering degree). His office staff apparently went out of the way to help her. --

I like a responsive legislator just as much as the next guy.

But what are our Congressmen for? Do the voters send them to Washington so that they can dole out favors

Here was my response:

I wish we had more Congressmen who did good things like that using their own resources -- but heavy taxes and no attention to entitlement reform, ll of that is doing us more harm than good.


Waxman's philanthropy is perfect -- for himself. That's good.


But the government uses other people's money for all of these programs -- and they are not working. I believe in helping people, I just think that the more local the better.

What can I say -- Waxman is a polarizing figure -- and he has not heard the last from me!

Thanks again!
What does the Constitution say about our legislators? What are they supposed to be doing? Here's the oath of office which are legislators take:

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God.

How does Congressman Waxman measure up?

Frankly, I approve that Waxman stepped into the aid the naturalization of a foreign national. We need more Congressmen who will move on behalf of recipients if they do not receive the entitlement which they have already paid into.

A better question still needs to be answered: why is it so difficult for Green Card holders to receive their citizenship papers? Why do we have government involved in so many facets of our lives, and to what effect? How come our veterans have not received the care and attention that they deserve?

We need men and women in Congress defending the Constitution, not their Congressional seats by pandering to favors in order to get votes.

No comments:

Post a Comment